Friday, March 17, 2006

the dark demon


The Dark Demon returned last night. Actually, this was the first time I recognised him. There was almost something familiar about him, as if we had known each other for centuries, but there was an awkwardness there as well.

He knew me too well I thought, and tried to close my mind's eye so that he could not reach inside. But it was too late.

He knew too much; but I wasn't scared. Perhaps I should have been, but I wasn't. It was a relief, actually, to not have to hide anything from anyone anymore. It was as if my mind was, actually, an open book and now it was easy to be myself.

My longings no longer seemed pathetic. They were no longer just mere longings - they were passions, and they were not illusions anymore, they were realities. But part of me was scared. Who was this, who I must have known for centuries? Was it just another me?

Or was it someone who had been with me, even perhaps guided me. But no, he didn't guide me. He was just a mere spectator-perhaps he even had the power to control me and I just didn’t know it... until now.

No comments: